Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General Requests » Spam problems - emails stopped

Requests of a general nature not connected with other forums, request such as membership etc.
27/01/2015 16:42:25

webmaster
webmaster
Administrator
In order to reduce the nuisance of spam messages being sent to us all I have stopped emails being sent out when a new message is posted or added to a thread.
The spam messages will still be on the Forum for a short while but should not be copied to every member of the Forum.

This means that it will be necessary to visit the Forum from time to time in order to keep up with messages. It is an inconvenience that has to be balanced against the regular receipt of spam messages from the Forum.

Please feel free to add your thoughts on this issue to this thread.

Roger
webmaster@hdfhs.org.uk
0 permalink
02/03/2015 14:54:36

webmaster
webmaster
Administrator
Stopping these emails led to other issues including errors when someone tried to register to join the Forum. Emails have now been restored and additiona measures taken to reduce spam.
Roger
webmaster@hdfhs.org.uk
0 permalink
24/09/2015 15:30:38

Sue Herrington
Sue Herrington
I have today received my first SPAM post for some time.
0 permalink
24/09/2015 17:01:47

webmaster
webmaster
Administrator
Good afternoon all. For some little while the system was not sending out emails for either genuine or spam contributions. However, getting that problem sorted has allowed the spam messages to return. This is not what we want but it will be a longer term project to alter things and could require a more complex login arrangement which might not be seen as helpful.
Regards
Roger
0 permalink
06/11/2015 15:03:11

sarah45
sarah45
I have received two SPAM emails today.
0 permalink
29/11/2015 12:08:26

webmaster
webmaster
Administrator
Regretfully we seem to be suffering another spate of spam emails. This is unfortunately one of the problems encountered when using an open forum. The spammer takes the trouble to create a new user with each batch of emails. This is deleted by me as soon as possible after it arrives, but more keep appearing. It would be unfortunate if we had to move to making the Forum a Members Only Forum but we may have to go that way.
0 permalink

Home » General Requests » Spam problems - emails stopped