Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Family History Help » LAYCOCK

Ask others for help on all aspects of Family History
17/08/2016 16:17:42

sarah45
sarah45
i have an ancestor, David Laycock born abt 1780. On the census he claims to have been born at Kirkheaton, but ther doesn`t appear to be any record. I`ve tried in vain for years to find a fvather for him , but with no luck. Also, I`m puzzled by the fact that he married in Leeds to Hannah Thornton as she appeared to have been born in Mirfield. I`ve located his grave at Kirkheaton & it would seem that there are several people in this grave inc. his wife & 2 daughters. On checking Richard Horton`s website it looks as if there is a James & Jane Laycock also in the same grave. Both buried 27/04/1847. I would really appreciate any comments on this `brick wall`Many Thanks sarah
0 permalink
22/08/2016 22:27:08

Bezza
Bezza
I have been looking at your posting and may have found a possibility for his Baptism. I have also been looking for the marriage that you mention to Hannah Thornton, but don't seem to be able to find it. I would be grateful if you could advise where you found this information so I could look further.

From your findings - If Hannah did live in Mirfield it is possible that they did marry in Leeds as Mirfield is close to Leeds and they usually marry where the bride lives rather than the groom.
0 permalink
23/08/2016 12:21:46

Bezza
Bezza
Sorry Sarah. I found the marriage listing for Hannah Thornton and after rechecking the Birth it not relate to your David. Will still keep looking to see if I can find anything. It seems I was a bit too quick with the posting.
0 permalink

Home » Family History Help » LAYCOCK