Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Surname Help » Rushworth

Ask others for help on certain Surnames
|
23/09/2016 01:01:47

Teresa Rushworth
Teresa Rushworth
Hello -- I am new here; I am an American Rushworth descended from William Rushworth, who was born in Huddersfield in 1814 and later moved to Bradford. He worked as a chemist involved in manufacture of ammonia (perhaps for use in the textile business?). His parents were Thomas, a "stocking weaver" and Elizabeth. I believe his father was Thomas Rushworth born in Huddersfield in 1775. He is listed in the 1841 census as a 66-year-old "cloth dresser" at Folly Hall. I know Folly Hall was the name of a mill, but there is no residential address listed for him. He also appears to be living alone at this time. I've been using Ancestry.com at my local public library and info seems to get pretty scarce prior to the 1841 census. I'm attaching that census file here. I'd love to know if anyone can shed any light on my family (By the way, my branch of the family came to the U.S. in 1907), the listing of "Folly Hall" in the census record, and also if we have any relatives living in Huddersfield (or elsewhere in Yorkshire) today.

Attachments:
Thomas1841census.jpg
0 permalink
|

Home » Surname Help » Rushworth