Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Surname Help » Stanley, Lister, Hunter, possibly Doyles & Lumb

Ask others for help on certain Surnames
01/12/2016 12:02:03

KeithS
KeithS
I am looking for another researcher who may share a common ancestor. My side of the Stanley clan spent only a short period in Dewsbury. e.g. in 1902 and again in 1911. He did not establish roots there, so clues are few and far between. I am hoping to pursue a parallel track via the relations who remained in the area.
John Stanley, born in Roscommon, in 1866, married Catherine Delaney, in Quarter 3, 1894 in Dewsbury. Catherine died in Q2, 1901 aged 31
Bridget Stanley was born 1897, in Dewsbury, and John was born 1898. One other child was born to the marriage, but had died by the time of the 1901 census.
Bridget Stanley probably married James Lister in Q3, 1929, in Dewsbury. She would have been 32.
Catherine Lister was born Q2, 1930, in Dewsbury
Catherine Lister probably married Bernard P Hunter, in Q1, 1954, in Dewsbury
Probable offspring (all born in Dewsbury): Jane and Paul, born Q2, 1956, Claire, born Q1, 1963, and another set of twins, Michael and Simon, born Q3, 1965
Claire Hunter possibly married Nicholas Doyles in April 1985, in Dewsbury
Jane Hunter possibly married Granville Lumb in Q2, 1979, in Dewsbury.
[/ol] Confirmation of my suppositions and information would be gratefully received.
Keith
0 permalink
01/12/2016 19:32:51

IanS251
IanS251
KeithS wrote:
I am looking for another researcher who may share a common ancestor. My side of the Stanley clan spent only a short period in Dewsbury. e.g. in 1902 and again in 1911. He did not establish roots there, so clues are few and far between. I am hoping to pursue a parallel track via the relations who remained in the area.
John Stanley, born in Roscommon, in 1866, married Catherine Delaney, in Quarter 3, 1894 in Dewsbury. Catherine died in Q2, 1901 aged 31
Bridget Stanley was born 1897, in Dewsbury, and John was born 1898. One other child was born to the marriage, but had died by the time of the 1901 census.
Bridget Stanley probably married James Lister in Q3, 1929, in Dewsbury. She would have been 32.
Catherine Lister was born Q2, 1930, in Dewsbury
Catherine Lister probably married Bernard P Hunter, in Q1, 1954, in Dewsbury
Probable offspring (all born in Dewsbury): Jane and Paul, born Q2, 1956, Claire, born Q1, 1963, and another set of twins, Michael and Simon, born Q3, 1965
Claire Hunter possibly married Nicholas Doyles in April 1985, in Dewsbury
Jane Hunter possibly married Granville Lumb in Q2, 1979, in Dewsbury.
Confirmation of my suppositions and information would be gratefully received.
Keith
0 permalink
01/12/2016 19:44:33

IanS251
IanS251
Hi Keith S- We have at The Root Cellar the Dewsbury All Saints baptisms 1653-1950,marriages 1653-1837 and burials 1653-1859 which cover some of your ancestors as above.The ones after 1837 can be confirmed exactly by obtaining the certificates from the Huddersfield Registry office.If you have Ancestry .co.uk access you will also find that most of the above ancestors appear within a public tree posted in the name of sarahdljo but the most recent names have been blocked as "private"If you are local to Huddersfield a visit to our Root Cellar would I think be very productive.
0 permalink
02/12/2016 12:40:11

KeithS
KeithS
The speed of the response is very impressive!
The AA says that I am 100 miles away, so dropping in to the Root Cellar is not an easy option. I am sure that someone in my local Family History Group (Burntwood, Staffs) has Ancestry and will let me look. Can you send the link to the tree posted by sarahdljo please?
I would be surprised to find family records in the All Saints registers. Those from Our Lady & St. Paulinus would be a more likely place in which to look. The family were Catholics. This does narrow down the search area. Do you have the RC records as well?
Many thanks
Keith
0 permalink
02/12/2016 17:09:15

IanS251
IanS251
Hi Keith- I have checked our Dewsbury records and The R.C. Church seems to be the only one that we do not have records for.If you get your local group to get you onto Ancestry.co.uk and put Bridget Delia Stanley into the search bar with a filter to "public trees" you will find the Stanley family details and a link to the other person who has her in their tree.At this point you will only be able to contact them through the Ancestry site but providing they agree personal email contact would then be possible.- Happy hunting. IanS
0 permalink
02/12/2016 21:38:57

John
John
Most public libraries subscribe to the Ancestry Library Edition, which you can use for nowt. All you need is a library ticket.

Regarding your Grandfather Patrick's parents John and Bridget ( http://bfhg.org.uk/Copied-Journal-2015-08-10-Volume-23-Number-3.php ):
John, labourer, was living in the townland of Clooneenbaun, Fuerty parish, Cams DED, Roscommon, when he died in 1898, aged 77.
Bridget is missing from the 1901 Irish Census, but a Bridget Stanley, labourer's widow from Rockfield, died in Roscommon Workhouse in 1909, aged 70.
Rockfield is in the townland of Clooneenbaun.

Source: https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
0 permalink
04/12/2016 11:56:07

KeithS
KeithS
Hi John
The speed of response from you guys is seriously good. I have now accessed the Ancestry record. "sarahdljo" and I appear to share a common ancestor. I certainly have more information on the Stanley line to share. This will help her. Hopefully she has some extra facts for me as well.
It is good to see that the Burntwood Family History Group Journal is read outside of the locality. It might not be completely obvious, but the person who wrote the article (Keith Stanley) and Keith S are one and the same person.
0 permalink

Home » Surname Help » Stanley, Lister, Hunter, possibly Doyles & Lumb