Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Family History Help » Royds Lane, Kirkburton in 1916 - Cross / Carson

Ask others for help on all aspects of Family History
21/03/2018 10:34:01

Philh123
Philh123
A bit of a long story. My Grandmother (Evelyn Shaw Lowe) was born on Royds Lane on the 27th August 1916. Her mother was Mary Alice Lowe who lived in Ashton Under Lyne but went to Kirkburton to have the baby then went back to Ashton. There is no father on the BC and I've never been able to trace him.
Through two separate DNA matches, it appears my Great Grandfather surname was either called Cross or Carson. Both these families were living in Kirkburton but had moved there from Ashton U Lyne, so I suspect it was a relationship from then.
I suspect my Great Grandmother had gone to the father's family to have the baby.
Could anyone help? .... or point me in the direction of an electoral roll for Royds Lane for 1916.
Or - does anyone have any link or info for the Cross or Carson family in Kirkburton at that time.
Regards Phil (Philip.howell1@btinternet.com)
0 permalink
08/10/2018 15:53:11

Bezza
Bezza
Looks like it is a while since you posted this. However, you could start by contacting the Local History section at Huddersfield Library if you have not been able to find anything. Their telephone number 01484 414868. Hope this helps.
0 permalink

Home » Family History Help » Royds Lane, Kirkburton in 1916 - Cross / Carson