Powered by Jitbit Asp.Net Forum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq  
Username

Password

register | lost password   open id
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Surname Help » O'Grady family

Ask others for help on certain Surnames
17/01/2019 16:09:03

historian1951
historian1951
I have just found out that my Great Uncle was William O'Grady who was married to Bertha Swallow he was a Tailor and died in 1914, All I know about him is that he came from Salford area and at some time his mother Elizabeth Ann and his step father lived in Berry Brow, when William died he was living at Far Reins Honley, please can anyone help with any information Jenny
0 permalink
24/01/2019 03:09:00

ya jan
ya jan
Administrator
It looks like his mother was Elizabeth Ann Morris who married a John Ogrady in Liverpool 1886 but he appears to have died Dec qtr 1886. Was William his child or was he registered as Morris. His mother and step father were living in Salford in 1901 but not with William. In 1911 as you mentioned they live st Berry Brow at2 Drawers Row. She came from Wales and her husband William Yardley from Cheshire but I cannot find the marriage which is c. 1897 at the moment
0 permalink
25/01/2019 13:16:16

historian1951
historian1951
William O'Grady was born on 31 May 1888 in Liverpool , his birth certificate states he is William McCaulliffe mother Elizabeth Ann Morris formerly O'Grady , father was William McCaulliffe, In 1900 William was found wandering in Salford and detained until he was 16yrs and taken to Saint Joseph's Industrial School where he was taught to be a Tailor, he can be found there on the 1901 census, . In May 1902 he is licensed to live with his mother who now states she is Mrs Yardley at 12 Drawers Row Berry Brow and to work at his trade as apprentice tailor for Mr Houlgate 13 Weangate Berry Brow. John O'Grady died on 15 Dec 1886 six moths after he married Elizabeth Ann Morris, she does not marry William Yardley until 1917 in Salford, I suppose when he was taken into St. Josephs her legal name was still O'Grady as she had left William McCaulliffe and her other two sons to their fate of which I have researched, she kept William with her and just said his name was O'Grady which has been used by his family until this day. Thanks for your reply
0 permalink

Home » Surname Help » O'Grady family